Rosmarinus officinalis. 1 packet contains 30 seeds of Rosemary - Seeds
The leaves are evergreen, 2-4 cm long and 2-5 mm broad, green above, and white below, with dense short woolly hair. The plant flowers in spring and summer in temperate climates but the plants can be in constant bloom in warm climates.
||Rosmarinus officinalis (Botanical name)
||3 to 4 feet (90 - 120cm).
||purple or blue
||easy to grow
Planting and care
- After the plant flowers, remember to trim the plant
- For fresh rosemary in the winter, grow the plant indoors in a pot
- Be sure to put it in bright light and cool temperatures
- Prune regularly so that the plant wont get lanky
- Water the plants evenly throughout the growing season
- Be sure to get cuttings or divide the plant for next season
- For a head start, plant the seeds or cuttings indoors 8 to 10 weeks before the last spring frost
- Plant the seeds/cuttings in well-drained soil
- For best growth, the soil should be around 70 ºF
||Full Sun to Partial Shade
||Average water needs. Water on a regular schedule, but do not overwater. Allow soil to go dry between waterings, then soak thoroughly.
||60 ° and 70 °F.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
||Prune the stems to use fresh. During the winter, bring a rosemary plant indoors. Harvest rosemary after new growth is generated, typically 6 weeks after
Rosemary special feature
You can dry the leaves as well and store in an airtight container.
- Rosemary lends itself to decorative uses as well
- Use the trimmings to create a decorative wreath either alone or with other herbs
- Wreaths can be hung on the wall or used as table decorations and they make lovely gifts
- Unverified information Rosemary contains the antioxidants carnosic acid and rosmarinic acid, and other bioactive compounds including camphor, caffeic acid, ursolic acid, betulinic acid, rosmaridiphenol, and rosmanol
- Some of these may be useful in preventing or treating cancers, strokes, and Alzheimer s Disease
- Rosemary is a nice addition to tomato sauce, pizza, and pork, but because its flavor is strong, use a light hand