Original price ₹ 996Original price ₹ 996 - Original price ₹ 996Original price ₹ 996Current price ₹ 699₹ 699 - ₹ 699Current price ₹ 699Original price ₹ 996Original price ₹ 996 - Original price ₹ 996Original price ₹ 996Current price ₹ 699₹ 699 - ₹ 699Current price ₹ 699Save 30% Save %
Original price ₹ 1,665Original price ₹ 1,665 - Original price ₹ 1,665Original price ₹ 1,665Current price ₹ 1,149₹ 1,149 - ₹ 1,149Current price ₹ 1,149Original price ₹ 1,665Original price ₹ 1,665 - Original price ₹ 1,665Original price ₹ 1,665Current price ₹ 1,149₹ 1,149 - ₹ 1,149Current price ₹ 1,149Save 31% Save %
Original price ₹ 2,221Original price ₹ 2,221 - Original price ₹ 2,221Original price ₹ 2,221Current price ₹ 1,599₹ 1,599 - ₹ 1,599Current price ₹ 1,599Original price ₹ 2,221Original price ₹ 2,221 - Original price ₹ 2,221Original price ₹ 2,221Current price ₹ 1,599₹ 1,599 - ₹ 1,599Current price ₹ 1,599Save 28% Save %
Original price ₹ 1,855Original price ₹ 1,855 - Original price ₹ 1,855Original price ₹ 1,855Current price ₹ 1,249₹ 1,249 - ₹ 1,249Current price ₹ 1,249Original price ₹ 1,855Original price ₹ 1,855 - Original price ₹ 1,855Original price ₹ 1,855Current price ₹ 1,249₹ 1,249 - ₹ 1,249Current price ₹ 1,249Save 33% Save %
Original price ₹ 1,360Original price ₹ 1,360 - Original price ₹ 1,360Original price ₹ 1,360Current price ₹ 949₹ 949 - ₹ 949Current price ₹ 949Original price ₹ 1,360Original price ₹ 1,360 - Original price ₹ 1,360Original price ₹ 1,360Current price ₹ 949₹ 949 - ₹ 949Current price ₹ 949Save 30% Save %
Original price ₹ 975Original price ₹ 975 - Original price ₹ 975Original price ₹ 975Current price ₹ 699₹ 699 - ₹ 699Current price ₹ 699Original price ₹ 975Original price ₹ 975 - Original price ₹ 975Original price ₹ 975Current price ₹ 699₹ 699 - ₹ 699Current price ₹ 699Save 28% Save %
Original price ₹ 1,251Original price ₹ 1,251 - Original price ₹ 1,251Original price ₹ 1,251Current price ₹ 999₹ 999 - ₹ 999Current price ₹ 999Original price ₹ 1,251Original price ₹ 1,251 - Original price ₹ 1,251Original price ₹ 1,251Current price ₹ 999₹ 999 - ₹ 999Current price ₹ 999Save 20% Save %
View all Collection
Save 40% with Gardening Solutions
About Dracaena Plants
Dracaena comes from ancient Greek, and it means a ‘female-dragon.’ Its bold and beautiful-looking long and sharp foliage does justice to the same. These evergreen shrubs make excellent indoor plants, with wire-like stems and around 9-10 feet in height. About 120 species of these succulent shrubs and trees make the entire genus of the Dracaena plant.
To get the know-how in detail about the same, keep reading its importance, uses, and associated care-guidelines provided below.
Dracaena plant Varieties
- Lucky Bamboo (Dracaena sanderiana)
- Corn Plant (Dracaena fragrans)
- Janet Craig (Dracaena deremensis)
- Gold Dust (Dracaena surculosa)
- Song of India or Jamaica (Dracaena reflexa)
- Dragon Tree (Dracaena marginata)
Importance, Uses, and features of Dracaena Plants
- Purifies air - removes up to 87% of volatile organic compounds every day and reduces toxin air like formaldehyde, benzene, trichloroethylene, and carbon dioxide from the house interiors.
- Humidity control - increases humidity in the room and controls respiratory distresses, like colds, dry coughs, sore throats, and dry skin.
- Sharpening focus- improve concentration, memory, better goal achievement, as well as heightened attention amongst students.
- Brings happiness - contribute to a Zen feeling and get actual health benefits, like feelings of relaxation, calm, and optimism.
- Decorates the interiors - the straight and pointed leaves caters to a striking image adding bright colors to both your indoor and outdoor space.
- Maintenance-free - tolerates a wide variety of conditions, like low-light conditions, two-three times fertilization annually.
- Absorbs lead (Pb) - Lead particles can travel through water and air, and Dracaena marginata reduces the level of lead and absorbs the lead pollutants.
Dracaena plant comparatively caters to hassle-free maintenance, like -
- The plant requires filtered indoor-light and less amount of water.
- It prefers temperatures ranging from 60 – 70? during the day-time and below 50? during the night.
- The leaves of this plant are toxic to our furry buddies.
- These houseplants are generally free from serious ailments.
Dracaena plants are an easy-to-care and beautiful-looking houseplant.
And now that you are well-aware of its uses and after-care, feel free to check the varieties, plant specifications, care, along with its several uses from our online store. Cherry-pick your choice, and add some ornamental value to your living abode!
What is Dracaena plant?
Dracaena is a group of popular plants which can be grown both indoor and outdoor based on the climatic conditions. They are known for easy care, maintenance and beautiful foliage.
Can Dracaena grow indoors?
Some varieties like Dracaena marginata and Dracaena fragrans can be grown in shade away from direct sunlight whereas many species do require full sun (4-6 hrs a day) for healthy growth. Dracaena plants require well-drained soil rich in organic content. Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch. If you wish to grow Dracaena indoors then best way is to choose a bright light spot as per plant requirement.
Can Dracaena grow in water?
Not recommended. Dracaena plant require well drained soil rich in organic content.
When prune Dracaena?
Prune lower leaves to impart a palm like appearance and do prune the yellow, infected leaves time to time.
Why is my Dracaena turning brown?
If the leaves are with brown tips and edges are yellow the most likely reason is dry air (Hot or Cold) around the plant. Another reason is roots are allowed to dry out for long. If leaves are soft and curled with brown edges then it is because of low temperatures. Also avoid over watering and making plant stand in stagnant water.
How to care Dracaena?
Some Dracaena like Dracaena marginata and Dracaena fragrans need indirect bright light many other would require direct sunlight (4-6 hrs a day). Use well-drained soil for potting and apply water when soil in the pot (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Protect the plants from hot and cold droughts. Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch.
Is Dracaena poisonous?
Yes, Dracaena is toxic to pets and if ingested may cause illness in human beings also.
Does Dracaena marginata clean air?
Yes, Plants are natural air purifiers and so do is a Dracaena marginata plant.
Does Dracaena need sunlight?
Direct sunlight is not required by some species like Dracaena marginata and Dracaena fragrance but many other species require 4-6 hrs a day sunlight but make sure to protect all plants from afternoon harsh sunlight.
Does Dracaena clean the air?
According to the NASA Clean Air Study, Dracaena is one of the most efficient plants at removing formaldehyde from the air.
Can Dracaena grow outdoors?
Yes, Dracaena can be grown outdoors where it will get 4-6 hrs of sunlight.
When does Dracaena fragrans flower?
Generally, the very mature plant (At least 5 years old) shows flowering but it will rarely bloom indoors.
Why is my Dracaena turning yellow?
Dracaena turning yellow due to
2.Exposure to hot and cold droughts are the main reasons. Plant does not get proper sunlight.
3.Lack of Nutrient.
4.Disease infestation is also a reason.
When does Dracaena flower?
Dracaena rarely show flowering especially indoor. They flower when plant is mature (At least 5 years old) and well treated.
Dracaena when to take cuttings?
Take the cuttings of mature plant or use crown of leaves altogether and use as cutting.
Is Dracaena indoor plant?
Dracaena has some species that can be grown indoor and some both indoor and outdoor.
What size of pot we should use to pot Dracaena?
It depends on plant size. Use at least 6 inch pot for small plant but a smaller pot can also be used. Just make sure to repot the plant when it starts outgrowing the current pot or roots start coming out of drainage holes.
When to repot Dracaena marginata?
1. After purchasing plants if the pot is too small, proceed to re-pot so that the plant may grow properly.
2. When plant overgrows in the current pot or after every 2 -3 years change the pot and preferably in June-July.