In scientific . . . Show More >
In scientific terms, a specific horticulture section cultivates these ornamental plants, popularly known as ‘floriculture’. To get the know-how in detail about the importance, care and maintenance of these beauties, keep reading the guidelines provided below.
Popular Ornamental plant varieties
- Silver Nerve Plant
- Fibre Optic Grass Plant
- Snake Plant
- String Of Pearls
- Peace Lily
- Chinese Money Plant
- Air Plant
- Water Bamboo
- Bunny Ear Cactus
- Ornamental plants bulk-up and reduce frost with heat retention in the soil.
- These attractive-looking foliage absorb carbon dioxide from the air and yield oxygen while making the air clean.
- Outdoor ornamental plants assist in beautifying the landscapes while creating a pleasant environment.
- Its dried and fallen leaves stand right for preparing compost and mulch.
- Several ornamental plants help in the making of medicines, like the ornamental herbs of rosemary, Mexican marigold and lemongrass.
- Ornamental plants brighten up the portico and compliment any building’s exterior.
- Manuring the plants well – provide your ornamental plants with the appropriate fertilizers and manures for healthy growth.
- Water adequately – Water deeply every week. Try to keep the soil wet, but never over-water.
- Stabilize the plants – Make use of stakes or stabilizers for supporting the taller plants, while protecting them against scorching summer, thunderstorms and heavy winds.
- Occasional clipping– Shape your ornamental foliage by pruning them occasionally. It removes dead skin cells and encourages new growth.
- Mulch the beds - Mulch discourages additional growth of weeds and retains moisture in the soil.
- Take out the weeds – Pull-out the weeds for sufficient growth of these ornamental beds.
- Use Pesticides- Encourage healthy plant growth by making use of pesticides, quarterly.
Ornamental plants add some glitz and glam to your lacklustre living abode, bringing in a dramatic element to all house interiors. Because of their eye-catching aesthetics, they have turned out to be gardener’s pride in recent times. And, now that you are well-aware of its uses and aftercare feel free to check its varieties, plant specifications, care, along with its several benefits from Nurserylive’s online store and pick your favourite ornamental plant to add life to your décor!
< Show Less