Do you know about the plants, never devoured by bugs, but instead they devour the bugs themselves? Carnivorous plants obtain their necessary nutrients . . . Show More >
Do you know about the plants, never devoured by bugs, but instead they devour the bugs themselves? Carnivorous plants obtain their necessary nutrients by trapping the insects and eating them.
And you can find around 700 species of these carnivorous plants all over the world. These plants can easily trap insects to fulfil their nutritional requirements, like phosphorus and nitrogen.
To get the know-how in details on these funnel-shaped carnivorous plants, keep reading its importance, uses and associated care-guidelines provided below.
Carnivorous plant Varieties
- Pitcher Plant
- Venus Flytrap
- Yellow Pitcher Plant
- Cobra Lily
- Monkey Pitchers
- Australian Sundew
- Big Floating Bladderwort
For the past many decades, Carnivorous plants are famous owing to their extensive medical usage and related treatments, like -
- Monkey Pitchers helps extensively in the preparation of certain drinks, clean cuts, or to treat any kind of body ache.
- Butterworts curdle milk for preparing yogurt and cheese. Moreover, it heals certain wounds, gashes or cuts.
- The extracts of Australian Sundew commonly known for the preparation of cough syrups and strong expectorants.
- Scientific research has even recorded Venus Flytrap's preventive qualities for Cancer.
- The ingredients of the Sarracenia extract work efficiently against virus-related infections.
Carnivorous plants are the low-maintenance and easy-growing foliage, provided you try following a handful of simple care guidelines.
- Always keep the plant base wet.
- Try to water them with mineral-free water, for instance, stored rain-water.
- Plant these 'Nature's Wonder' in mineral-free soil.
- Cater to an abundance of sunlight.
- Plant and nurture these plants in ericaceous compost
- Never feed insects to these plants.
- Fertilizing carnivorous plants is a strict 'NO'.
- Never annoy any of these carnivorous plants.
- Occasionally control pests on these plants.
Carnivorous plants are popular among gardeners, especially those who love a bit of adventure in their life, and garden! Their amazing and interesting characteristics add-on to variation into any gardener's paradise. And now that you are well-aware of its uses and aftercare, feel free to check its varieties, plant specifications, care, along with its several benefits from Nurserylive’s online store and cherry-pick your preferred insectivorous plant!
< Show Less
₹ 449| /✓ 2+ Offers inside
Original price ₹ 899Current price ₹ 849| /✓ 2+ Offers inside