Vitex trifolia is a hardy plant; which required minimum care to grow.
Vitex trifolia is a deciduous shrub or small perennial plant. This plant can grow up to 4-meter height. Plants bear a purple flower year round and the inflorescence is terminal and axillary. Fruits are small black color berry. This plant has compound leaves which consist of three leaflets.
Upper leaves surface is green and lower surface is the grey color. This plant is very drought tolerant in nature.
||20 inch (51 cm)
||7 inch (18 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Nirgundi, Arabian Lilac
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 4 m
||Easy to grow
Planting and care Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry.Avoid overwatering. You can prune the plant in the spring season to maintain the bushy.
Vitex trifolia care
Vitex trifolia is propagated by the seeds. Best suitable sowing time is monsoon season. Grow well in full to partial sunlight. You can plant into the pot or container using the potting mix as the soil, coco peat, and vermicompost.
||Full to partial sunlight
||Sandy loam soil
||25-35 degree C
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
Vitex trifolia special feature
Drought tolerant and Hardy plant
Vitex trifolia uses
- This plant is used for the ornamental purpose
- The Nirgundi roots can use for diaphoretic and diuretic
- A decoction can use in the treatment of fevers and liver diseases
- Also, the leaves can use for treatment of anodyne, antiseptic, diuretic, emmenagogue, and febrifuge
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist