Color your hands and hair naturally by growing an excellent Mehndi plant.
Mehndi is a perennial shrub in Lythraceae family.It is glabrous and multi branched, with spine tipped branchlets. The leaves grow opposite each other on the stem. Leaves are glabrous, elliptical and lanceolate.
Mehndi flowers have four sepals and petals are ovate, with white or red stamens found in pairs on the rim of the calyx tube.
||14 inch (36 cm)
||4 inch (10 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Mehndi, Mehandi, Myrtus communis, heena
|Maximum Reachable Height
||4.00 to 6.00 feet
||White with yellow-tipped stamens
||May to July
||easy to grow
Planting and careThe minimum temperature needed for a henna plant to grow and nourish well is 22 ºC.It is recommended to keep a well-drained soil for the proper growth of the henna plant.Trimming the plant will help you to keep your henna plant bushy.It is important to keep your henna plant free from the attack of pests.Applying fertilizers will help you to get a good leaf supply.
Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light. Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch. Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|| More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight a day.
Before water poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content for growing plant.
Grow well in pH range of 6.5 to 7
||During the main growing season (June-July) feed the plant with organic fertilizer.
Mehndi special feature
It is best natural coloring agent.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose mainly as fence or hedge plant
- Mehndi bark and root are used for the treatment of liver enlargement and jaundice
- Mehndi leaves are soaked in water and drunken to cure cracking of nails and adds nutrition to the body
- It used for the treatment of some fungal infection, i
- , athleteÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬ Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã¢â€ž ¢ ¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ ¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ ¢ÃƒÆ’ ¢Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã… ¡ ¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬ ¦ ¡ ¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ ¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ ¢ÃƒÆ’ ¢Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â€š ¬Ã… ¡ ¬ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬ ¦ ¾ ¢s foot
- It used as a useful agent for leucodermia
- Note- Please consults your health advisor before application or consuming of plants or plant parts