Kalanchoe plants are thick leaved succulents that are often seen in florist shops.
Most end up as potted plants but areas that can mimic their native land of Madagascar can grow them outdoors.
- Kalanchoe Flapjack, Poplet (Big) - Succulent Plant- 1
- 5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Kalanchoe Flapjack, Poplet is a succulent plant with Glossy, green rounded leaves are thick and waxy-looking, It is native to the arid parts of Madagascar.It forms a shrub up to a foot high. The leaf is a hazy green and scalloped. Branched, hairy shrub; leaves covered with hairs.
||12 inch (30 cm)
||6 inch (15 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||paddle plant, flapjacks, dog tongue or desert cabbage
|Maximum Reachable Height
||1 to 1.5 feet tall
||Flowers come in bright shades of red, yellow, coral, orange and pink.
||April to May
Planting and care
Water it when the upper layer of the soil feels dry to touch.After flowering, shift the plant to a slightly larger pot. Kalanchoes are succulents that grow best in a well-drained and well-aerated potting soil, such 60% peat moss and 40% perlite.Cut back tall growth and old flower stems. Keep well watered in a sunny, warm window.
Kalanchoe Flapjack care
Kalanchoe needs lots of direct sunlight, preferably a south-facing window in winter and bright indirect light (or east/west window) in summer.You can also propagate Kalanchoe through leaf cuttings. Just cut 2 to 3-inch pieces of a leaf and place them about 1 inch deep in soil appropriate for Kalanchoe plants. Make sure to plant cuttings facing up, the same direction they were growing.
||Bright, sunny locations, especially in the summer growing season.
||Well-drained porous cactus and succulent soil.
||25 to 40 degrees C
||Apply any organic fertilizer, Feed bi-weekly in the summer.
Kalanchoe Flapjack special feature
Attractive foliage Succulent
Kalanchoe Flapjack uses
- The plant is used outdoor and indoor for an ornamental purpose
- In traditional medicine, Kalanchoe species have been used to treat ailments such as infections, rheumatism and inflammation
- Kalanchoe extracts also have immunosuppressive effects
- Kalanchoe pinnata has been recorded in Trinidad and Tobago as being used as a traditional treatment for hypertension