Snake Plant, Sansevieria Trifasciata, Sansevieria Zeylanica - Plant
The Sansevieria is the perfect addition to any indoor garden setting. It is a stemless evergreen perennial plant.
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended air purifier plant.
- Best plant for AC rooms, office desk, etc.
- Zero maintenance plant.
- Best indoor plant for low light condition.
- Popular houseplant with wavy cross stripes.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 399)
In Stock (2902 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica Plant
5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Snake Plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, Sansevieria zeylanica
Plant height: 5 - 9 inches (12 - 23 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches (10 - 16 cm)
Interesting Fact: This plant is known as Snake Plant for its leaves resembling shape or Mother In Laws tongue for its sharp margins.
Sansevieria trifasciata is a species of foliage plants in the family Asparagaceae. Leaves are erect, fleshy, sharply-pointed, sword-shaped, deep green with light gray-green horizontal stripes. Leaves arise in a rosette from a thick rhizome. Small fragrant greenish-white flowers bloom on mature plants. Flowers and fruit rarely appear on indoor plants.
The Snake plant purifies the air by absorbing toxins through the leaves and producing pure oxygen. In fact, Sansevieria is an ideal houseplant.
Common name(s): Snake plant, mother-in-law tongue, tongue of a devil
Flower colours: Greenish-white
Bloom time: Spring, Summer
Max reachable height: Up to 4 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Full to partial sunlight
Soil: Nutrient-rich loamy soil
Temperature: 12 to 29 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Snake Plant
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- This snake plant survives in the outer as well as the indoor condition.
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Snake Plant
Special features: Air purifier indoor plant
Ornamental use: They are excellent in a grouping and will grow equally well on the floor or on table-top displays.