Flowers make intimate connections they increase our connectivity with family and friends. Mogra plant is famously known as Jasmine flower, it is one of the most beautiful and fragrant among all flowering plants in Asia.
What makes it special:
- One of the popular fragrant flowering plant.
- Provide year-round flowering.
- Very easy to grow and care.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden and sunny balcony.
||Jasminum sambac, Mogra, Arabian Jasmine - Plant
||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Note: This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of a white-colored flower.Jasminum sambac belongs to the family Oleaceae. The Jasminum sambac bears white flowers and is an evergreen shrub with dark green foliage.
Jasminum sambac is a small shrub or vine growing up to 3 meters in height. It is widely cultivated for its attractive and sweetly fragrant flowers. The flowers are also used for perfumes and for making herbal tea.
||12 inch (30 cm)
||8 inch (20 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Arabian jasmine, Mogara, Sambac jasmine, Mogro, Moghra, Mogare, Kabok lei etc.
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 3 meters.
Planting and care
3-6 hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant will grow well in natural bright light .SoilThe soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for Mogra plant.WateringPoke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.Apply 3 cup (Approx. 150 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.Apply water preferably in morning or evening.Do not overwater the plant.As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.Application of FertilizerBefore the application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.During the main growing season (Feb to March, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.DontsDo not over water the plant.Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Jasminum sambac care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright Light.Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Apply 3 cup (Approx. 150 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Natural indirect bright light with 3-6 hours of sunlight a day.
||Apply 3 cup (Approx. 150 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
||Soil should be well drained, fertile and rich in organic content.
||16 to 35 degree Celsius.
||Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
Jasminum sambac special feature
Plant is known for its heavenly fragrance especially in the evenings as the flowers open after sunset.
Jasminum sambac uses
- Making garlands or hair decoration etc
- It is considered to be an apt and biological cure for jaundice and other venereal diseases
- The flower buds help in the treatment of ulcers, vesicles, boils, skin diseases and eye disorders
- The leaves extract against breast tumors
- Drinking Jasmine tea regularly helps in curing cancer
- Its oil is very effective in calming and relaxing
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, consult your healthcare adviser before consumption or application of plant and plant parts for medicinal purpose