Hibiscus are delightful shrubs with dark green leaves. Giving a hibiscus meant that the giver was acknowledging the receivers delicate beauty.
What makes it special:
- One of the best attractive flowering plants.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Perfect plant for outdoor garden.
- symbolize the fleeting and beauty of fame or personal glory.
This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of an orange-colored flower. Hibiscus is a genus of flowering plants in the mallow family, Malvaceae.
It is quite large, containing several hundred species that are native to warm-temperate, subtropical and tropical regions throughout the world. Hibiscus are deciduous annual and perennial herbaceous plants with dark green alternate, ovate leaves. The flowers are large, conspicuous, trumpet-shaped, with five or more petals yellow red color.Hibiscus plants are tropical beauties that will bring an exotic look to your garden. They are durable plants that can grow to be up to 4.5 meters in height, The flowers are attractive to butterflies and hummingbirds.
||19 inch (48 cm)
||4 inch (10 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||China rose, Hawaiian hibiscus, rose mallow.
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 4.5 meters.
||Yellow red color.
||Throughout the year.
||Easy to grow.
Planting and care
At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in direct bright light .SoilThe soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for growing Hibiscus plant.WateringWater the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.Do not overwater the plant.Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season (August-December) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.DontsDo not overwater the plant.Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.Keep the plant in direct bright light.Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Natural bright light/indirect bright light.
||Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
||16 to 32 Degrees Celsius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
Hibiscus special feature
- They are commonly successfully used as landscape shrubs in the warmer parts
- The chemicals in the hibiscus flower help in the growth of hair
- It reduces dandruff and makes the hair black
- The natural oil in this flower acts as a good conditionerThis flower can be used as a natural dye for hairThe oil in this flower can be applied to the skin of patients who are suffering from cellulite which makes the skin to glowThe ash obtained by burning the flower and leaves of this flower can be applied to eyebrows which glazes them blackThis flower can be used as shoe polish by rubbing it on the shoe
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines