Varuna - Crataeva nurvala is a famous diuretic Ayurvedic herb.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Sacred Barna Tree, Varun,Garlic pear tree, Caper tree, Three leaf caper, Obtuse Leaf Crateva .
|Maximum Reachable Height
||April and May
||easy to grow
Planting and careFeed plants only sparingly; over fertilization can cause stems to break in the fall. You can add diluted fertilizer into the water, though avoid getting the fertilizer near the plants base . it may help to build a moat in a circle around the plant about 18 inches out.
Sacred Barna Tree care
plant have long tap roots which need to stretch out so the plants prefer well-dug, loose, well-draining soil; in preparing a bed, dig down 2 feet in depth and about 3 feet across to ensure the soil isn, t too compact.
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Sacred Barna Tree special feature
The flowers occur in terminal corymbs, are about 5 centimeters in diameter, greenish-yellow, and the stamens are purplish. The petals are ovate or oblong, with the claw half as long as limb. The fruit is ovoid or rounded, and 3 to 5 centimeters in diameters, with hard and rough rind.
Sacred Barna Tree uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Unverified information It is used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine
- It has anti-inflammatory, diuretic, lithontriptic, demulcent and tonic properties
- Bark yields ceryl alcohol, friedelin, lupeol, betulinic acid and diosgenin
- It is useful in disorders of urinary organs, urinary tract infections, pain and burning micturition, renal and vesical calculi
- A postal stamp was issued by the Indian Postal Department to commemorate this tree