If you have access to a fresh coconut, you might think that it would be fun to grow a coconut plant, and you would be right.
Growing a coconut palm tree is easy and fun. Below you will find the steps for planting coconuts and growing coconut palms from them.Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Prefers fertile, slightly alkaline, loose, somewhat gritty loams with good drainage.
Add lime to acidic soils to adjust the soil pH. Best grown with regular and consistent moisture during the growing season.
||30 inch (76 cm)
||7 inch (18 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Dianthus Coconut Punch ,nariyal,daap,naral
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Wine red with white blotches
||May to June
||easy to grow
Planting and careFirst, water the coconut tree frequently. As long as the soil drains well, you really cant water it too often. If you decide to repot your coconut tree, remember to add sand or vermiculite to the new soil to keep the water draining well.Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer. Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese and magnesium.
||Water the coconut frequently but make sure the container drains very well.
||21 C and above
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Nariyal special feature
Rock gardens, border fronts, edgings, fragrance gardens and containers. When massed, these mat-forming plants can form an attractive ground cover.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Crested Lepidagathis, called Mullabanthi in Telugu, has been used by the yanadi tribe in Andhra Pradesh as a traditional medicine
- It is used in the treatment of fever
- It is also used in treating inflammations - aqueous extract of leaves mixed with Ocimum juice and the tuberous flower ash mixed with coconut oil is a concoction, which is applied on parts affected by inflammation
- In Chhattisgarh, people use leaf extract for treating malaria
- edible in mainy things, as fruit ,aschutney or juice or sweets etc