Larkspur is a beautiful and popular annual that comes in colors of blue, lavender, white, rose, and pink, although blue is the most popular color.1 Packet contains 100 seeds of Larkspur .
It has lacy foliage with highly compacted blooms on long tapering spikes, giving it a tall, regal appearance. It generally grows in 1 or 2 foot high spires, although some plants reach heights of up to 4 feet and more.
||It generally grows in 1 or 2 foot high spires, although some plants reach heights of up to 4 feet and more.
||Blue, lavender, white, rose, and pink
||Larkspur usually blooms very early in the spring.
Planting and care
- Larkspur generally grows best in cooler weather
- When the temperature rises to 80 degrees and higher, they will most likely die
- But in general, it will grow fast with little maintenance until the first frost hits
- As with most annual plants, frost will wipe them out
- Also strong winds will damage them, so make sure they are well-shielded
- If your larkspur grows too tall, it may have to be staked up as the blossoms get too heavy
- But if they are planted about six 6 apart, they will support one another and wonÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™Ãƒâ€ Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ ¢ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ ¢ÃƒÆ’ ¢Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ ¬Ãƒâ€¦ ¡ ¬ÃƒÆ’Ã†â€™ ¢ÃƒÆ’ ¢Ãƒ ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡ ¬Ãƒâ€¦ ¾ ¢t require staking
- Larkspur usually blooms very early in the spring, before any other plants
- If you need to add fertilizer to your soil, do so about once a month, but not after the larkspur have bloomed
Larkspur Imperial Mixed Color care
- Larkspurs require cool temperatures to successfully germinate and bloom, so they grow best when sown directly in the garden in early spring before the soil warms
- The seeds germinate reliably under the correct conditions and will mature to a height of 1 to 4 feet in just a few months
- However, the seedlings are susceptible to rot and must be planted in quickly draining, mildly alkaline soil to survive into maturity
||Pick a spot with full sunlight or partial shade.
||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.
||The soil should be average to rich and also well-draining.
||80 degrees and more.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
||Seed from Larkspur can be collected and saved for planting next year. Allow the flowers to go to seed, collect the tiny black seeds on a dry day, and store them in a cool, dry location. Saved seed retains it s viability for up to 6 months, after which time it starts to decline. Year old seed can have germination rates as low as 50 percent.
Larkspur Imperial Mixed Color special feature
It is great used in arrangements with other flowers, or simply by themselves.
Larkspur Imperial Mixed Color uses
- The plant is used for decoration purpose
- The part mostly used for medicinal is the seeds, and their virtues seem to reside in alkaloidal principles (Delphinine, Staphisagrine and perhaps others) that are found in the shell of the seeds