||Acmella Oleracea, Toothache, Akarkara - Plant
||6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Easily grown in average, medium, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade. Tolerates poor soils. Freely colonizes by root suckers to form dense thickets.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Maximum Reachable Height
||15.00 to 20.00 feet
||Easy to grow
Planting and care
Spilanthes herb care is straightforward as long as over-watering is avoided and spring and summer temperatures are adequate. Spilanthes toothache plant is native to tropical climes, so it does not respond well to cold temperatures and is not tolerant of frost.
Acmella Oleracea care
Spilanthes toothache plant is generally propagated via seed and is suitable for cultivation in USDA zones 9-11. Toothache plant is quite easy to grow and is resistant to disease, insects and even our rabbit friends.
||Full sun to part shade
||Apply any organic fertilizer ,medium wateroing required
Acmella Oleracea special feature
This tree or shrub has somewhat limited ornamental value. Good for hedgerows, screens, naturalized woodland areas or integrated into native plantings.
Acmella Oleracea uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area
- Seed is used as a vermifuge, the bark of the root in toothache and decoction of leaves as a gargle in sore-throat and in making a soothing ointment
- For culinary purposes, small amounts of shredded fresh leaves are said to add a unique flavour to salads
- Cooked leaves lose their strong flavour and may be used as leafy greens