Other than commonly known radishes, many different varieties exist. This Radish packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
The radish (Raphanus sativus) is an edible root vegetable. Roots flesh is crispy with mild pungency.Roots are pure white in color. The shape is long, cylindrical. It is grown as a summer and monsoon crop from April September.Root length is 30 to 35 cm.
||Radish pusa chetki, Mooli
||Up to 10 inches
||Spring and the fall
||Easy to grow
Planting and care
- Radishes require well-drained soil with consistent moisture
- Thin radishes to about an inch apart when the plants are a week old
- You will be amazed at the results
Radish Pusa Chetki care
- The seeds should be sown about the middle of March to middle of August
- Plant them in the very rich soil about half to 1 inch deep and 1 inch apart; later, thin the seedlings 4 to 6 inches apart
||Full sun, part shade, Yields best in full sun.
||Requires well-drained soil, loose soil, high in organic matter, free from stones.
||22 to 30 degrees C
||Prefer an organic fertilizer. Apply mulch for a summer season.
Radishes will be ready to harvest quite rapidly, as three weeks after planting for some varieties.
Do not leave in the ground long after mature stage, their condition will deteriorate quickly.
Cut the tops off short, wash the radishes and dry them thoroughly. Store in plastic bags in the refrigerator.
Radish greens can be stored separately for up to three days.
Radish Pusa Chetki special feature
Wider adaptability and can tolerate high temperature.
Radish Pusa Chetki uses
- These are used in many cooked and uncooked dishes