Asparagus Bean, Snake Bean, Chinese Long Bean.
1 Packet contains 30 seeds of Yard Long Imported Beans - Seeds.
Easily grown in average, dry to medium, well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. Tolerates full shade. Prefers moist, humusy soils in part shade. Plant 12-18" apart to cover large areas.
||Asparagus Bean, Snake Bean, Chinese Long Bean
|| 0.25 to 0.50 feet
||May to June
||easy to grow
Planting and care
- plant care may require a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work
- Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance
- Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area
Yard Long Imported Beans care
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period
- Select a site with soil that drains well
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential
||Full sun to part shade
||Dry to medium
||Apply any organic fertilizer
||After two months from planting.
Yard Long Imported Beans special feature
Versatile ground cover.1 Packet contains 30 seeds of Yard Long Imported Beans - Seeds.
Yard Long Imported Beans uses
- The pods contain large quantities of soluble and insoluble fibers
- Since the entire green pod is eaten as in french-beans, sufficient amount of dietary fiber is obtained in the diet
- Dietary-fiber helps to protect the mucousa colon by decreasing its exposure time to toxic substances as well as by binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon
- it is used in cooking as vegetable