The lychee tree is handsome, dense, round-topped and slow growing with an evergreen plant.
The lychee, litchi, Liechee, Lichi, Lizhi or lichee is the sole member of the genus Litchi in the soapberry family, Sapindaceae. The plant is evergreen. Litchi fruits are a soft, white, sweet fruit surrounded a leathery brown or red shell and bear the fruits from May to August.
||Up to 30 feet
||April to May
||Easy to grow
Planting and care
- Litchi trees are water lovers and should be irrigated regularly
- However, avoid creating waterlogged conditions, which may result in diminished health or root rot
Nephelium Litchi care
- Place one lychee seed into each cup, on its side, at a depth of 3 to 4 inches; then cover
- Place the trays or cups in a warm, sunny place like a windowsill, a sunroom or a greenhouse
- Water regularly to keep the soil damp
- After 3 to 4 weeks, the shoot will grow to 3 to 4 inches in size and develop dark green leaves
||24 degrees C
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Nephelium Litchi special feature
Commercially grown for fruit production. Excellent landscape tree which provides shade, fruit and botanical interest to front or back yards.
Nephelium Litchi uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose