Cinerarias are a true Annual, and only flower once.1 packet contains 100 seeds of Cineraria - Seeds.
Cineraria grow well in low term greenhouses, blooming in 7-9 months after planting. The plant has small yellow blossoms, pink, blue, purple flowers.
||3 feet tall and wide.
||Pink, blue, purple
||They are a true annual and only flower one time in their lifespan.
Planting and care
- Cinerarias like cool temperatures around 45 ° to 55 ° F
- When temperatures are to warm, above 60 °, the flowers open and die quicker
- Cold drafts are another possible problem for this plant
- They can cause wilting or yellow leaves to develop
- This plant needs consistent water and should feel moist at all times
- Cineraria need a high light area but should be away from any direct light
- They also like a more humid environment
- This can be achieved by placing the pot on a tray of pebbles that is filled with water
Cineraria Mixed Color care
- When grown in pots or planters, Cinerarias should be planted in a loose, rich, peat moss based potting mix with good drainage
- Once they begin to bloom they prefer to be kept somewhat root-bound
- Indoors, keep your Cineraria in filtered sun or bright light
- Do not allow the soil to dry out, but be careful not to over water
- Cinerarias like it cool, and will bloom for a much longer period withdaytime temperatures of 65 ° and 50 °-55 ° at night
||Cineraria need a high light area but should be away from any direct light. They also like a more humid environment. This can be achieved by placing the pot on a tray of pebbles that is filled with water.
||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season.
||Do not allow the soil to dry out.
||Cinerarias like cool temperatures around 45 ° to 55 ° F.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
||Keep several flowers on the plants to go to seed if you want to start them from seed next year. Harvest them when they are white and fluffy.
Cineraria Mixed Color special feature
Cinerarias can be propagated with stem cuttings taken at any time during the summer months.
Cineraria Mixed Color uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose