Aloe vera, Ghrita-kumari is the famous medicinal plant with ornamental and cultural beliefs.What makes it special:Low maintenance plant.Best for sunny windows.Hardy nature with an attractive look.Popular house plant with medicinal values.
||Aloe vera - Succulent Plant
||4 inch (10 cm) Nursery Pot as Inner
||4.5 inch (11 cm) Ronda No. 1110 Round Plastic Planter (Black)
Aloe vera belongs to the Asphodelaceae family. Aloe vera cultivated for agricultural and medicinal uses. Aloe vera also used for decorative purposes and grows successfully indoors and outdoor. The leaves are thick and fleshy, green to grey-green.
It is found in many consumer products including beverages, skin lotion, cosmetics, or ointments for minor burns and sunburns.Note: Any variety of these plants will be delivered, a few shown in the photos.
||6 inch (15 cm)
||6 inch (15 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Aloe, Ghrita-kumari, Korphad
|Maximum Reachable Height
||Up to 60 centimeters.
||Easy to grow.
Planting and care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
SoilThe soil should be well drained and fertile rich in oragnic content.WateringPoke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.Water when top soil (3-4 inches) feels dry to touch.Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.Re-pottingWhen a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.For re-potting procedure click here
- Keep the plant in morning sunlight for 3 to 6 hours.
- Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.DontsEasily grows in AC rooms but away from AC vents.Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Aloe vera care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
||Keep the plant in morning sunlight for 3 to 6 hours
||Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (3-4 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
||16 to 30 degrees Celcius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
||Harvest the leaf when it grows well and looks fleshy.
Aloe vera special feature
Medicinal properties and low care plants.
Aloe vera uses
- Aloe vera has been widely grown as an ornamental plant
- Aloe vera is used in traditional medicine
- It has been used for a variety of ailments
- Aloe vera is most commonly used as a topical medication, rubbed onto the skin rather than eaten
- It has long been known as a treatment for sores, particularly burns, including sunburns
- Note: Please consult your health expert first before applying externally and internally
- The skin and the clear inner gel are both edible
- Use the skin in salads, stir-fried dishes, or on its own as a snack
- Its firm, crunchy texture makes it great to use in dips and as a cracker substitute
- Use the gel in smoothies and cocktails