145Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Peppermint
Peppermint (Mentha Ã— piperita, also known as M. balsamea Willd) is a hybrid mint, a cross between watermint and spearmint. The plant, indigenous to Europe, is now widespread in cultivation throughout all regions of the world. It is found wild occasionally with its parent species.
Mint is a perennial with very fragrant, toothed leaves and tiny purple, pink, or white flowers. It has a fruity, aromatic taste. If mint is the perfect place to begin when learning to grow an herb garden, why then are there don ts about growing the plant?
Mint is not just easy to grow, but its roots, which are called "runners," are incredibly invasive: they quickly grow, sprouting new leaves and new plants as they go. Peppermint has a long tradition of medicinal use, with archaeological evidence placing its use at least as far back as ten thousand years ago.
Peppermint has a high menthol content, and is often used in tea and for flavouring ice cream, confectionery, chewing gum, and toothpaste.
Planting and care
For growth Cool
Caring for Peppermint
- Minimal care is needed for mint. For outdoor plants, use a light mulch. This will help keep the soil moist and keep the leaves clean.
- For indoor plants, be sure to water them regularly to keep the soil evenly moist.
- Do When choosing a location for your mint, find one where the plant will receive morning sun and partial afternoon shade. Plant on a patio, in a container. When planting the herb in a flower bed, first submerge a container (either a pot, a mesh bag or edging to at least 5 inches deep), leaving the rim above ground level when potted, so the mint s fast-growing root system will be contained. Otherwise, the herb will take over your garden and lawn in an annoying weed-like fashion. Harvest mint sprigs before the plant flowers. To extend the harvesting season, pinch off the flowering buds as they appear. If planting your mint in a garden bed, apply mulch to help keep it from spreading. Locate mint plants fifteen inches apart, and thin them regularly. If planting your mint indoors, locate your container where it will receive good morning light but where it will also be away from drying heating elements. Don t
- Dont Plant mint in an open bed without first submerging a vessel that will contain the herb s wild-growing roots. If planting mint in a bed using a submerged pot, be sure it s not cracked. The "runners" will find their way out and continue to spread.
- Plant the herb in super moist conditions where it wont dry out.
Typical uses of Peppermint
Special features: Peppermint is a perennial with very fragrant, toothed leaves and tiny purple, pink, or white flowers. It has a fruity, aromatic taste.
Culinary use: Peppermint is used as flavoring in chewing gums, chocolate, cakes, soft drinks etc. Peppermint oil has medicinal values. Dried peppermint leaves can be used in sauces and salads. Chopped mint leaves make excellent garnish. Sprigs of peppermint make good garnish for drinks.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Seeds germinated fast, in 1 week. Thanks.
Good Product, need to have more Seeds.....
Good quality seeds, sprouted in couple of weeks
The reason why I am reviewing this so lately is because I wanted some time to see it s germination and growth afterwards. Today the plant is in full bloom . It has almost grown up to 3 ft in height an
Superb! Amazing! Excellent ????... Superb germination and healthy plants! Almost all seeds germinated.... The germination rate is 95%, superb quality seeds