Description for Cassia alata
The Cassia has few distinguishing features can be observed with little trouble. It is slightly smaller, but has the same spreading crown, long drooping branches and numerous, feathery leaves, but the branches are rough. The flowers are similar but the sepals are smooth, green inside and deep-red underneath.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Apple Blossom||yellow||Spring / Summer||20 to 30 feet||Easy.|
Planting and care
Cassia tree care requires very little, but that little is important. Once your seed has germinated and has about six leaves, its time to decide where your tree will be growing. Cassia trees need full sun to flower and produce the most colorful blossoms.
|Full Sun||Acidic, Neutral, Well-drained soil||Average Water Needs, Water regularly, do not overwater.||Hardiness 35-40 degrees F.||a generic N-P-K (nitrogen - phosphorus - potassium)|
Caring for Cassia alata
- Cassia tree care requires very little, but that little is important. Once your seed has germinated and has about six leaves, its time to decide where your tree will be growing.
- Cassia trees need full sun to flower and produce the most colorful blossoms.
- They are tolerant of most soil types with a neutral pH, and while they like water, they do best in well drained soils.
- Dig your whole twice the size of the root ball and add peat moss and compost to the fill dirt, adding a handful of slow release fertilizer.
- Planting a cassia tree this way will give it the healthiest start.
- Leave a trough around your tree to collect water and see that it is watered regularly until the roots are well established.
- Young trees need to be staked and will look a little scrawny for the first five years or so and then it will begin to fill out.
- These trees have a tendency to weep so if you want a fuller look, pruning will be a part of your early cassia tree care.
Typical uses of Cassia alata
Medicinal use: It is used medicinally for treating constipation, colic, chlorosis and urinary disorders.Its leaves are effective against herpes simplex and the bark of Cassia is one of the ingredients in ayurvedic and other traditional medicine antidiabetic formulations.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Great plant..looked nice n fresh wen i received ..Highly recommend it!
Plant is in very good condition.....Vase is good ..... Packaging is ok..... Jelly balls were broken....
Plant was received in very good condition. Cost little more but a good buy
I have ordered twice now from online plants and both orders have been more than what I expected
Properties of this plant makes it??great houseplants.
Any query about cassia alata - plant