If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free methi Organic Vegetable.
Seeds.1 packet contains 50-60 methi seeds.
Fenugreek is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae, with leaves consisting of three small obovate to oblong leaflets. It is cultivated worldwide as a semiarid crop. Its seeds and leaves are common ingredients in dishes from the Indian subcontinent.
||Fenugreek, Greek-clover, Greek hay.
||up to 50 centimeters.
||Spring to early autumn.
||Easy to grow.
Planting and care
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in bright sunlight
- Protect the methi seedlings from direct harsh sunlight
- SoilThe soil should be well drained and nutrient rich for methi seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the methi seedlings with organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container
- DontsDo not overwater the seedlings especially when container does not have drainage holes
Methi Shalimar Improved care
- How to Sow methi Seeds You can grow Methi in two seasons, for Rabi-October and for Kharif June to July-end
- Select a container having 3-5 inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil and spread a thin layer of soil over it
- Cover the seed container with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Remove plastic wrapping once seeds start to germinate
- Do not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of methi seed Methi seed Germination rate and viability is up to 70%
- Methi growth rate is medium
||Methi enjoys bright sunlight but appreciates a little shade during the hottest part of the day.
Water the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
||Nutrient-rich well-draining soil with Optimum PH range 6.5 to 8.2.
||15 to 30-degree celsius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
Harvesting can be done 30-40 days after transplanting.
The large leaves can be cut individually from the seedlings. For the smaller leaves, cut them off 1- ½ to 2 inches above the crown.
You can also remove the entire seedlings at once however this means that you will not be able to continue harvesting for the rest of the growing season.
To store methi seeds, cut off the seed heads when the plant begins to turn brown and put them in a paper bag.
To dry them, hang the seedlings in a warm place until fully dried, then store the leaves in an airtight bag or container.
Methi Shalimar Improved uses
- Fenugreek may suppress the appetite and increase feelings of fullness, which could help reduce overeating and lead to weight loss
- The substantial levels of antioxidants in fenugreek give it great potential as an anti-inflammatory agent
- Fenugreek may help regulate cholesterol levels and improve blood pressure, which can reduce the risk of developing heart conditions and improve heart health
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Methi leaves are so popular in dishes all over the world from curries to salads
- Its seeds are often used in Indian cuisine for pickles, daals, spice mixes, and vegetable dishes