449+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)* Shipping 79
* Free Shipping on orders above 399
* Non returnable
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|* on all orders above Rs 399|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 799
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Piper nigrum, Kali Mirch
Piper nigrum, Kali Mirch is a perennial woody spreading vine. It starts rooting readily where trailing stems touch the ground. The leaves are 5 to 10 cm long and 3 to 6 cm broad.
The flowers are small and spherical fruits that ripen red. Indoor houseplants will not usually produce fruit. The plants may bear fruit from the fourth or fifth year, and then typically for seven years.
Planting and care
It is extensively cultivated there and elsewhere in tropical regions. A plant can be grown in soil that is neither too dry nor susceptible to flooding, moist, well-drained and rich in organic matter. It is best grown in sun-dappled areas or areas with a bright indirect sun.
Caring for Piper nigrum
- The vines need to be trained early when they are young so tie or just weave them through trellis sections.
- It is best to grow under trees as they provide shade and need to plant in free ventilation.
- Apply leaf mulch and manure.
- It is beneficial if shoots are pruned twice a year.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Watch for aphids on indoor plants and use soap water spray or Eucalyptus oil, Neem oil, and Citrus oil etc.
- Do not over water as plant roots may rot.
Harvest when the first fruits begin to turn red.
Typical uses of Piper nigrum
Special features: Black pepper is the world's most traded spice.
Culinary use: Famous spice
Ornamental use: It may be grown in containers as a houseplant with an attached trellis or in a hanging basket.
Medicinal use: It is used in folk medicine. was believed to cure several illnesses, such as constipation, insomnia, oral abscesses, sunburn, and toothaches etc.
Note: Please consult your health expert.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
A happy customer ?? But like could the rate be a bit reasonably else all good ... thanks
Good growth and 90% germination
Excellent plant. needs quite a bit of care though
Hope many more to purchase and recommend to buy from this seller without giving room second thought
How crazy that we all have plants on the mind.