Why is Papaya amongst the world's healthiest fruits?
"The human body is the best picture of the human soul" All that we do, all that we aspire to achieve, all that we spend our lives on is solely for a better life tomorrow.
So no matter where you are and where you would be, it's your health and wellness that counts. An hour exercise, just the right supplements, 6-7 hours sleep and you are challenged to stay healthy. But, do we actually have that determination to follow a regime??
All-day work and daily tasks, the only time we are left with are to enjoy with family or switch to the virtual world. And, you will agree that all our resolutions and intellect side of ours fails because we are so much occupied and stressed.
We drift into the world where our bodies are mostly ignored. Your physical and mental well-being slowly evades. What if a fruit lends a hand? How about including a fruit which is an all-rounder to help you stay healthy? Wholeness, all served in a plate of papaya. Yes, we are talking about this tropical fruit for its hidden benefits.
Papaya is immensely loaded with healthy components that are good for the body, It is an inexpensive fruit that is available to the common man and is useful in many ways. Papaya does not prove to be healthy for glowing skin but can prevent chronic diseases like cancer.
Papaya fruit is loaded with papain and vitamin A. The enzyme papain breaks down inactive proteins and eliminates dead skin cells. Vitamin A works as an antioxidant. Its best attribute is that it contains low sodium quantity. As the salt content is less, the water retention is also small. This leads to an overall hydrated skin.
Skin Benefits of Papaya:
- It is the best source of Papain and Vitamin A, which helps in breaking inactive proteins and also aids in the removal of dead skin cells.
- Papaya helps in preventing premature aging and has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Low sodium quality of papaya helps in retaining water and always keeps your skin hydrated.
- Since green papaya is a rich source of papain; you can use papaya for skin whitening.
- The skin becomes soft, supple by applying directly or by eating it.
- It acts as a skin exfoliate that cleans the skin and makes it healthy.
- It helps you reduce pimples and blemishes, with the application of finely ground raw papaya paste. After leaving it on for 25 minutes acne disappears from the face.
- It helps your skin discoloration, with the application of papaya on a regular basis.
- Mashed papaya can also be used to treat cracked and painful heels.
- Raw papaya is the best treatment for ring worms. You can reduce the inflammation by rubbing the raw papaya slices on the ringworm patches.
Health benefits of papaya-
- Reduce stress: According to a study conducted in the University of Alabama, found that 200 mg of Vitamin C can help regulate the flow of stress hormones. The wonder fruit is rich in several nutrients like Vitamin C which can keep you free from stress.
- Helps you lose weight: Papaya fruits are very low in calories. The fibre content in papaya fruits clears your bowel movement and helps reduce weight.
- Boosts your immunity: papayas are a great source of Vitamin A, B, C, K and contain more than 200 per cent of the daily requirement. Hence, proves to be an excellent immunity booster.
- Great for Improving digestion: Avoiding junk foods, oily and spicy delicacies can be very difficult, Including papaya fruit in your meal can balance. The fruit has a digestive enzyme known as papain along with fiber which helps improve your digestion.
- Lowers your cholesterol level: Papaya fruits are rich in fiber, antioxidants and Vitamin C which prevent cholesterol build up in your arteries.
- Excellent for your eyes: Papaya is rich in Vitamin A which helps protect your vision from degenerating. Nobody wants to lose their ability to see due to diseases like age-related macular degeneration, and eating papayas will ensure that you do not see a day when you cannot see.
- Helps relieve menstrual pain: Papaya has an enzyme called papain which is extremely helpful in regulating and easing flow during menstrual periods. Eating papaya in this period can ease the pain.
- Prevents cancer: Papaya prevents our cells from undergoing free radical damage, which resists cancer bodies to develop. The fruit is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, phytonutrients and is recommended to keep these chronic diseases at bay.