Composting is a simple way to add nutrient-rich humus which fuels plant growth and restores vitality to depleted soil. It is also free, easy to make, and good for the environment.
nurserylive's Home compost kit is an aerobic compost kit that converts your kitchen waste into compost. This kit is sufficient to handle waste generated by a family of 2-3 members.
This easy to use compost kit allows you to turn your organic kitchen waste into fertilizer with sting-free process.
The 15 ltr compost bins can be placed at any corner of your home, decomposing about 250-300 g organic kitchen waste daily.
What Makes it Special?
- Best quality & easy to use
- Sting free composting process
- Perfect for a family of 2-3 members to manage waste.
- Ready to use compost in 4-6 weeks*
What do you get with this kit?
1. IVEM (For Sting-Free Compost and Nourishment of Plant) - 500 ml: 1 Unit
2. Compost Culture (Compost Starter Microbes) - 1 kg: 1 Unit
3. Bulking Agent for Home Compost Kit - 5 kg: 1 Unit
4. Curing Bag: 2 Units
5. Compost Bin (15 ltr): 2 Units
6. Hand Gloves for Home Compost Kit (1 Pair): 1 Unit
7. 3 Prong Hand Cultivator No. MMI 84 - Gardening Tool: 1 Unit
8. Spray Bottle (Hand Trigger, 1 Ltr) - Gardening Tool: 1 Unit
9. Instruction Manual: 1 Unit
Procedure to make organic compost from household waste with the help of Home Compost Kit
Step 1: Put a newspaper in the bottom of the compost bin. Apply a layer of coconut fiber if available.
Step 2: Add around a 2-inch thick layer of dried leaves if available. Else proceed with the next step/layer directly.
Step 3: Apply a 3 to 5-inch layer of Bulking Agent.
Step 4: Spread household wet waste over bulking agent and gently mix with the help of a rake.
Step 5: Daily spray approximately 3 to 5 ml of IVEM liquid over the waste layer.
Step 6: Add one teaspoon compost culture on household waste every 3 days and mix well with the help of a rake.
Step 7: Same way keep adding the daily waste in the compost bin.
Step 8: Once the compost bin is full, transfer the entire content to the curing bag. Pack the bag, keep it aside and set up a new set.
- If there is excess water or moisture in the compost bin then mix the handful or required amount of bulking agent to bring it to the required consistency. Also, add 2 ml IVEM liquid and 1 teaspoon compost culture.
- The household waste can include vegetable and fruit peel, shreds, and food waste.
- Filter liquid waste from solid waste. Only solid waste should be mixed for compost.
- You can put the meat bones, eggshell, but remember bones and eggshell does not turn into compost. They should be mixed by crushing into a fine powder.
- Do not put iron, rubber in the compost bin.
- If you see ants in the compost bin then add 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
*The decomposing time depends on the type of organic waste and its initial C: N ratio.