Coffee makes an attractive container plant for sun rooms that can be taken outside to patio areas in summer.
Coffea arabica, commonly called Arabian coffee, is an upright tropical evergreen shrub or small tree that grows to 10-15, tall.It is now commercially grown in subtropical and tropical areas throughout the world.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Coffea arabica, Arabian coffee
|Maximum Reachable Height
||6.00 to 15.00 feet
||white to pink
||May to June
||easy to grow
Planting and care
In coffee plantations, plants are kept trimmed to 6, tall for ease of harvest and best production. Indoor container plants typically grow to about 4-6, tall.
Coffee Plant care
Pour the water in the reservoir and put the carafe back on the heating plate. Measure Your Grounds: Add the desired amount of grounds to the filter: about 1 tablespoon per 5 to 6 fluid ounces of cold water for regular coffee, and 2 tablespoons per 5 to 6 fluid ounces for strong coffee.
|| Part shade
||195 F (91 C) and 205 F (96 C).
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Coffee Plant special feature
Plants feature (a) glabrous, glossy, elliptical, dark green leaves with prominent veins and wavy margins, (b) fragrant (resembles the aroma of jasmine), star-shaped, white flowers that bloom in axillary clusters of 2-9, (c) green two-seeded fruits (berries) that gradually mature to yellow, light red and finally deep red and (d) fissured bark on older branches.
Coffee Plant uses
- In frost free climates, it is grown commercially for production of coffee beans or ornamentally as a specimen or in shrub borders
- Arabica coffee is used for Asthma, depression, fatigue, hay fever, gum diseases, caries, dental Abscesses
- It is also used as Aphrodisiac
- Berries are edible with a pulpy grape-like texture, but it is the seeds (coffee beans) that are coveted
- Berries are picked by hand when ripe and depulped, with the extracted seeds/beans then dried in the sun before roasting
- Coffee beans contain caffeine