Best in moist, fertile, well-drained soils in full sun.Established plants tolerate some soil dryness.Grows in containers that must be overwintered indoors in a bright cool sun room or greenhouse.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Melaleuca citrina (Curtis) Dum. Cou
|Maximum Reachable Height
||3.00 to 5.00 feet
||easy to grow
Planting and care
Generally unfussy as to soil, they tolerate poor sandy conditions, but do not thrive in shallow, chalk soils unless plenty of organic matter is dug in. They will tolerate drought as long as it is not too prolonged. Once established they do not need special attention and are generally problem-free.
Callistemon lanceolatus care
A real sun lover, give it the brightest spot possible. You need to water bottlebrush for its first season, but when established plants are extremely drought tolerant. Despite heralding from warmer climes this plant is incredibly tough and will easily cope with temperatures down to -5C protect it in harder winters by covering with fleece or grow in pots so it can be moved indoors (a shed, front porch, garage or conservatory would be ideal).
If you cant grow them outdoors, or dont want to take the risk, they also make striking cool conservatory and greenhouse plants in borders or containe
||Full Sun to Partial Shade
Loves sunny spots
||Apply any organic fertilizer
||Fluffy red cylindrical flower heads during late spring and summer
Extremely drought tolerant and winter hardy to -5C!Loves sunny spots
Callistemon lanceolatus special feature
Container plant. Houseplant.
Callistemon lanceolatus uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Perfect as specimen in the lawn, against a wall or fence, or in large pots
- Its cultivated throughout Indian gardens
- Different parts of the plants are used by rural people of India
- Its claimed traditional uses have been scientifically established
- The aqueous or alcoholic extracts of different parts of this plant were found to have various pharmacological activities for exampleantifungalantioxidantantithrombinanti-inflammatoryantidiabeticantimicrobialherbicidal activities