** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Alocasia, Elephant Ear
An upright-growing tropical perennial that can reach up to 2 m in height.
Its evergreen leave is V-shaped, deeply lobed and variegated with a deep-green sheen and distinctly marked with large silvery white veins. The margins of the leaves have silvery borders too. The leaves are about 30-40 cm long and 15-20 cm wide. Leaves have deeply undulating margins or edges, resembling the wavy blade of a kris dagger, hence its common name, the Kris Plant. Leaves undersides are purplish-red in color.
Planting and care
Elephant ear propagated by division of the rhizomes, planting them above the soil line to prevent the leaves from decay at the base.
Caring for Alocasia
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- Prune the infected and dried leaves or plant part.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Alocasia
Special features: Variegated leaves
Ornamental use: These are tropical plants of the Arum family that are treasured for their decorative leaves.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about alocasia, elephant ear - gift plant