Adenium ( Grown through seeds, Mix Color ) - Plant
Taking care and growing adenium obesum, a succulent plant more commonly known as Desert Rose, is not challenging, and the plant will reward you with its unusual shape, beautiful deep red to pure white flowers and its tolerance of occasional neglect.
Desert Rose plants found at the garden shop are usually grown from seed and similar to the true species found in nature. With the right conditions, adenium obesum can be a fast growing and stunning houseplant
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Desert rose||White with red strip||Year round blooming plant||Their foliage is generally oval-shaped and varies in size (2-7 inches). The size generally depends on the maturity of the plant and its location||Easy|
Planting and care
The plant perform best in big size containers (8inh or more) or plant them on ground
|Full sun, Partial sun||Loamy soil, Sandy soil,||Water them 2 to 3 times a week.||The temperature required for these plants is not more than 95 degrees F. In areas with high humidity these plants grow better.||Use any organic fertilizer|
- Daily watering is essential only during hot summer days.
- As the flower grows in warm climates, where the temperature always remains above 50F even at night, remember to water it regularly even throughout winter months.
- This will allow the soil to dry out between watering.
- In case you live in a subtropical climate, you can place the plant indoors until cold weather passes.
- Adenium can also be grown outdoors in areas where the temperature never goes below 40.
- The desert rose can survive 40 degrees with little damage, but when the temperature is below 30, the plant dies.
- In winter the plant can freeze, even if it is placed in a greenhouse.
- There are a few tips on how to care for adenium in winter.
- Caring for adenium, water it only on warm sunny days and move it to the house, when there is a risk of frost.
Special features: Can be kept indoor in AC. The more sunlight plant get, the more flowers it blooms. The plant is very hardy, it need little care.
Ornamental use: Its generally keep indoor in living room and in terrace area.