Dendrobium Orchid - Plant
Description for Dendrobium Orchid
Dendrobium Orchids have their profuse, delicate blooms, are hugely popular with many a green-fingered connoisseur. Their life cycle consists of three stages, which include the flowering stage (winter to spring), the growing phase (summer to autumn) and dormancy (late autumn to winter).
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Dendrobium Orchid||White-Purple||Winter, spring, Summer||Up to 3 ft||Easy to Grow|
Planting and care
Division of clumps, keikis, back bulbs and tissue culture plants. The potting mixture consists of charcoal, broken pieces of bricks and tiles, coconut husk and fibre for orchid cultivation. Foliar application of NPK 20:10:10 @ 0.2% at weekly intervals on the whole plant and potting media, it's starting from 30 days after planting. Mist or overhead sprinkler should use to provide water and to maintain humidity.
|Full to Partial Shade||Use soilless potting mix, pH level 7||Medium||20 to 25 degree C||Spray any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Dendrobium Orchid
- Re-pot the plant when grows large and overgrows its container, the potting material deteriorates, the plant has to be split or divided.
- It is better to re-pot epiphytes every year. The best time for repotting is when fresh roots emerge at the bases of the previous year growth.
- The dendrobium orchid should have a 50-70% humidity level around them.
- After your orchid has finished blooming, use sharp scissors to cut off the flowering stem to promote regrowth.
- Crowding of plants can lead to problems with insect infestations and fungus. Keep air to circulate around the plant.
Flowers are harvested when they are fully open as the flowers.
Typical uses of Dendrobium Orchid
Special features: Orchid has showy flowers which is relatively easy to grow, with a central long stem and an attractive spray of flowers that can last up to four weeks.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Dendrobium orchid flowers are used in flower arrangement and bouquet.
Medicinal use: NA
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Is this plant low maintenance.
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
Very nice plant but price is ok