Haldi, Turmeric, Curcuma (Yellow) - Plant
Turmeric or haldi is one ingredient in your kitchen that holds a remedy for almost all illness you are likely to encounter. A staple spice in almost
Common name: Turmeric
Bloom time: August.
Height: 1 m (3 ft 3 in)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Turmeric powder is used extensively in South Asian cuisine. Curry of fresh turmeric, referred to as haldi ki Sabji, is a dish from Rajasthan (India). Turmeric grows wild in the forests of South and Southeast Asia. It is one of the key ingredients in many Asian dishes.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 60 to 100 degre
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Turmeric is a rhizomatous herb, native to tropical South Asia.
- Turmeric is a very important spice in India, which produces nearly the whole world’s crop and uses 80% of it.
- The plant grows to a height of 3-5 ft.
- It has oblong, pointed leaves and bears funnel-shaped yellow flowers, peeping out of large bracts.
- The rhizome is the portion of the plant used medicinally
- Ayurvedic systems of medicine.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.