|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Graptosedum species
It is a hairless, rosette-forming succulent. The rosettes are up to 5 inches (12.5 cm) in diameter and grow at the tips of ever-lengthening, hanging stems, creating a low spreading colony up to 6 inches (15 cm) tall. The leaves are succulent, lanceolate, glaucous and up to 3 inches (7.5 cm) long. Those grown in partial shade tend to be blue-grey. In full sun they are pinkish grey. During the winter the leaves take a brownish-purple tinge. The flowers are star shaped, yellow, up to 0.8 inches (2 cm) in diameter and are borne on stems up to 6 inches (15 cm) long with 2 to 6 branches, each with 3 to 14 flowers
Planting and care
This plant can be grown from leaf cuttings. Pull a leaf from the main stem, leave it to dry for a day, then place it on the surface of the growing medium. The growing medium should be light and well drained, you can use a mixture of soil, sand and compost. The leaf will form roots and eventually, a small rosette will appear at the base. It requires minimum 10 degrees C temperature and partial sun to form roots and new growth. Remove and pot up the new plant when well rooted. Water the new plant regularly.
Caring for Graptosedum species
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Graptosedum species
Ornamental use: This plant with its pale blue-green leaves can be used as contrasting foliage in succulent plantings, cactus gardens or xeriscape plantings. It is also pretty used as edging for dry borders and in rock gardens. It can be kept in pots too, provided the soil drains well.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments