With this purchase you will get:
Description for Alworthia Black Gem
Alworthia Black Gem evergreen, perennial succulent generates many tight offsets, creating a large low clump.
The foliage varies from green through to dark reddish-bronze purple with the thick, triangular-conical, succulent leaves becoming darker and redder the more sun it gets.
Planting and care
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
Caring for Alworthia Black Gem
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
Typical uses of Alworthia Black Gem
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Its colour and the appearance is appreciated by the various gardens.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about alworthia black gem - plant