549+ Gift Out of Stock
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Agave americana
It is very impressive when big, with its bold structure, and beautiful form. On the rare occasion when it finally blooms, it is a complete show stopper; The stalk bolts to the sky and the showy flowers grace the neighborhood. The average lifespan is around 25 years.
It has a spreading rosette, about 4 m wide, of gray-green leaves up to 6 ft. long, each with a spiny margin and a heavy spike at the tip.
It works beautifully as a single large specimen and also when planted amass with other agaves. Tough and particularity indestructible this Native beauty should be in anyone drought tolerant landscape. Works particularly well when planted with ornamental grasses nearby.
Planting and care
Growing agave is easy if you plant the right variety in the right location. Agaves need full sun and gritty soil that percolates easily. They can even do quite well when potted but use an unglazed clay pot that will allow evaporation of excess moisture.
In spring they benefit from the application of a granulated time release fertilizer that will provide nutrient needs for the season. Many varieties of agave will die after blooming and then produce pups or offshoots from their base to replace themselves.
On varieties where the parent plant does not die after flowering, it is a good idea to get long handled pruners and remove the spent bloom. After establishment, neglect is actually how to grow agave and produce happy plants.
Plants become more tolerant of cold temperatures as they grow larger.
Caring for Agave americana
- Agave that is grown in pots require even more grit in the soil and can actually be planted in a cactus mix.
- The addition of small rocks or pebbles to the soil increases the drainage capabilities of the container.
- Agave plants in containers will require more water than those in the ground and will need to be repotted every year or so to replenish the soil and root prune the plant.
- Agave plant care for container grown plants is otherwise the same and it affords you the ability to bring sensitive forms indoors when temperatures plummet. You can put it outside in summer and spring, with indirect light, but it will need to remain indoors during fall and winter.
Typical uses of Agave americana
Special features: This plant is known to some as the century plant, because it is thought to flower only once every 100 years; however, this is misleading as it usually flowers after 20-30 years of storing enormous food reserves in its leaves and then dies.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Agave americana is hardy enough for the most exposed courtyard or balcony.
Agave americana makes a dramatic statement in the landscape and is much favoured for use in rock gardens. In many gardens Agave americana is best grown in containers. The gigantic leaf-rosettes of these splendid succulents rank them among the most popular accent plants for modern gardens.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Amazed us with safe and sound delivery
How many plants like this needed for a 500 SQFT living hall
VERY nice im so Happy for this plant
I m really happy to say that your packing is good ,on time delivery all plants are good .
I purchased a plant online from nursery live and received it in a very perfect condition, Thanks nurserylive team