Flame vine is a rampant climber that carries cascades of bright orange tubular flowers. Although a dazzling spectacle when in full flower, in some parts of the world it has become naturalised and a weed. Pyrostegia venusta is a lian
Common name: Monkey Brush vine
Color: yellow, orange
Bloom time: sept.to oct.
Height: 30-80 (10-25 m)
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Growing Mexican flame vines have attractive, dark green foliage that can climb a trellis or other support or cascade over a wall. Leaves are as large as 4 inches in length and add a lush, tropical feel to the area in which they’re planted.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25° F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Once established in the landscape, caring for Mexican flame vines is low maintenance.
- The plant is drought tolerant, but will benefit from the occasional watering during dry periods.
- Take cuttings from the Mexican flame flower to overwinter in areas where it is grown as an annual.
- Learning how to grow a Mexican flame vine for next year can also be done by collecting and saving seeds.
- n Brazil, the leaves of Pyrostegia venusta are used in traditional medicine as a tonic and for treating diarrhoea.
- However, Pyrostegia venusta is more widely known as an ornamental climber that makes a dazzling spectacle when in full flower.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
cheat company yo are
I really impressed with live plant I purchased online from nurserylive, the packaging was superb.. Thanks
Great plant for a green gift
what are the dimensions of the pot?
Keep it away from harsh direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.
Any query about sankrant vel, flame vine - plant