With this purchase you will get:
Description for Laurus nobilis
Laurus nobilis is an aromatic evergreen tree or large shrub with green, glossy leaves, native to the Mediterranean region. It is one of the plants used for bay leaf seasoning in cooking. Wikipedia
Planting and care
Laurus nobilis growing plant of the genus Laurus also known as Bay laurel or Bay tree, Laurus nobilis perennial evergreen plant, grow as shrub or tree and also used as ornamental plant grow in mediterranean, desert, subtropical, temperate, tropic climate.
Caring for Laurus nobilis
- Raise the container off the ground with bricks or attached pot feet to improve drainage conditions.
- If necessary, place a drainage tray beneath the container.
- Water the bay tree moderately, stopping when water trickles from the drainage holes in the container.
- Let the soil dry completely before watering again because overwatering can result in root rot and spotted or yellowed leaves.
- If roots do become waterlogged, replace the soil and compost completely and cut back on water.
Typical uses of Laurus nobilis
Special features: Outdoors, it makes an interesting specimen for shady areas of the landscape including patios, herb gardens and woodland gardens. May be grown as a screen. Excellent houseplant.
Culinary use: The plant is the source of several popular herbs and one spice used in a wide variety of recipes, particularly among Mediterranean cuisines.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: It is widely recognized for its medicinal and culinary characteristics.
- Vaughan, p.150.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments