With this purchase you will get:
Peace Lily, Spathiphyllum Plant
5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Peace Lily, Spathiphyllum
Plant height: 5 - 9 inches (12 - 23 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches (10 - 16 cm)
The botanical name of Peace Lily Plant is Spathiphyllum. Peace Lily Plant is a very popular indoor houseplant. It is a clump-growing herbaceous perennial which produces white flowers that look like the hood of a cobra. Leaves are shiny and glossy, attractive even with no spathes.
Peace lilies are sturdy plants with glossy, dark green oval leaves that narrow to a point. The leaves rise directly from the soil. The long-lasting flowers start out pale green and slowly turn creamy white as they open.
Common name(s): Peace lily, Cobra plant.
Flower colours: Creamy-White.
Bloom time: Spring or early summer.
Max reachable height: Up to 40 Centimeters
Difficulty to grow: Easy.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright light / Artificial bright Light. Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. apply 3 cup (Approx. 150 ml) water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Natural indirect /artificial bright light.
Soil: Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.
Water: Apply 3 cup (Approx. 150 ml) water when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
Temperature: 18 to 24 degree Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply organic fertilizer once a month.
Caring for Peace Lily
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Natural indirect / artificial bright light is ideal for peace lily plant growth. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile, rich in organic content. Watering
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Apply 1 cup (Approx. 50 ml) water when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Apply water probably in the morning or evening time.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- Before application of fertilizer loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- During the main growing season (Feb to May, July to Sept.) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer. Plant Protection
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not over water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- keep away from the AC Vents.
Typical uses of Peace Lily
Special features: One of the rare indoor flowering plant and excellent air purifying plant.
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant. It Beautifies Your house.
Sunday, 15 March 2020
I have got a healthy plant with great packageing.Thanks to nurserylive to give me a great satisfaction.
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Low maintenance perennial indoor potted plant
Sunday, 23 February 2020
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
Please log in to write a review. Log in