Peppermint is referred to as ?, the world?, , s oldest medicine.?, Peppermint leaf offers many amazing health benefits.
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a hardy perennial herb that is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint. It, s native to Europe, but can be found all across the world.
With a long history of therapeutic use for a variety of ailments that extends back to ancient Egypt, peppermint is referred to as,the world, s oldest medicine., .
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
||Mentha piperata, Mentha piperita, Mentha balsamea Willd.
|Maximum Reachable Height
||1.00 to 2.00 feet
|| dark green
||July to August
||easy to grow
Planting and care
This plant needs lots of water and it is often found naturalized by streams and ponds where the soil is rich and the drainage is good.
Mentha Piperita care
Mint is so universally loved, that one can find this plant growing wild in almost every country of the planet where civilisation has thrived. Mint has been used in food dishes, baths, herbal balms and nervine tonics for hundreds of yea
||Full sun to part shade
||Medium to wet
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Mentha Piperita special feature
Menthol activates cold-sensitive TRPM8 receptors in the skin and mucosal tissues, and is the primary source of the cooling sensation that follows the topical application of peppermint oil.
Mentha Piperita uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Peppermint oil may also act as a carminative, cholagogue, antibacterial, and secretolytic, and it has a cooling action
- Externally, peppermint oil has been used for muscle pain, nerve pain and relief from itching
- Fresh or dried peppermint leaves are often used alone or with other herbs in herbal teas
- Peppermint is used for flavouring ice cream, confectionery, chewing gum, and toothpaste