Pomegranate, Annar, Anar (Grafted) - Plant
Description for Pomegranate, Annar, Anar (Grafted)
The pomegranate, botanical name Punica granatum, is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree in the family Lythraceae that grows between 5 and 8 m tall.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Punica granatum ,Pomegranate, Annar .||Orange-red||June to September||2 ft to 10 ft||Moderately easy|
Planting and care
- Heat should be second on your pomegranate seed care list.
- These seeds will germinate at normal room temperature in about 30-40 days.
- Bring the soil temperature up a few degrees and you can cut this time in half.
- Try surrounding your plant with foil and placing it in direct sun until the seedlings sprout.
|Full sun, Partial sun||Loamy soil||Dry to medium||40 to 50 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Pomegranate
- Pomegranates need full sun.
- Keep an eye on the weather report and if temps threaten to drop below 40 degrees F. (4 C.), move the plant indoors to a sunny window.
- Water the tree deeply about once a week, possibly more often during peak summer months. Fertilize the tree with half cup of 10-10-10.
Typical uses of Pomegranate
Special features: Cottage gardens, wild gardens, meadows, prairies and naturalized areas. Good fresh cut or dried flower.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. It can be kept indoor in living room and terrace area.
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/ http://www.gardeningknowhow.com
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Excellent proctus collection
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Really nice and I have never seen anything like this before ...