With this purchase you will get:
Description for Aechmea Gamosepala, Matchstick Plant
Aechmea gamosepala is a bromeliad endemic to southern Brazil. It is often cultivated as an ornamental plant.
Planting and care
This Aechmea gamosepala is one of the easiest and most well-known bromeliads from South-America. It is not the leaf, but the flower of this bromeliad which makes it a gem. It is a good and swift grower which thrives at temperatures between 15 and 25 degrees Celsius.
Caring for Aechmea Gamosepala
- The Aechmea gamosepala plants like to be no more than 20 cm from the light.
- When the Aechmea gamosepala has finished blooming the flower can be cut away and the bromeliad will grow a new cup by itself.
- Old and dead parts of the cup can simply be snipped off.
- It is important to pour water into the bromeliad cup from the top in order to always have water in it.
- To prevent rot, the roots should not be kept continuously in moisture.
- A proper water-permeable soil is thus of great importance.
- Coarse peat, fern roots or dried sphagnum with perlite are all very suitable soils.
Typical uses of Aechmea Gamosepala
Special features: Houseplant for warm and humid areas.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Verry small size.but good product no any damage when i got it in my home delievery is superior
Plant was healthy and growing.Delivered in well packed protective method. Appreciable. Thank you
How old is the plant you have shown..?
Couldn t find it anywhere else.
It came well packed and is exactly how they show it
Any query about aechmea gamosepala, matchstick plant