1+1 Bitter gourd chaman - Desi Seeds
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Healthy vegetable. 1 packet contains - approximately 35 seeds.
( 423 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
Description for Bitter gourd chaman
Bitter gourd plant is a fast growing creeper and is from the family of vines.
It is also known as the nutritious gourd and bitter melon.
Bitter gourd plants vary shape, size and colour.
Common name(s): Bitter gourd, Bitter melon, Bitter cucumber, Karela (Hindi), Balsam pear, Balsam apple
Flower colours: Yellow
Bloom time: Year round
Max reacahble height: Bitter melon produces vines that grow 13 to 16 feet long.
Difficulty to grow:: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Raised the beds of 120cm width (120 cm)
Seeds are sown at 2 x 1.5 m spacing.
Irrigation is done in the beds.
Seeds are soak in water over night before sowing for better germination.
Sunlight: Partial to full sun
Soil: Soil should be fertile, but well-drained, with a pH of 5.5 to 6.7
Water: Keep soil consistently moist. Like other squash or melons, bitter melon fruits develop best when soil moisture remains even.
Temperature: 15 to 30Â°C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Bitter gourd chaman
- Watering should b done when the soil feels dry.
- Once fully dried, the fruit will open and you can collect the white or brown colour seeds for further sowing.
Tender and young fruits are harvested.
Typical uses of Bitter gourd chaman
Special features: Bitter gourd is cultivated extensively throughout India.
- To prepare bitter melon, slice the fruit open and remove seeds and pith, do not peel.
- Beginners to bitter melon may parboil the fruit to lessen bitterness, although aficionados say this changes the texture too much.
- Typically bitter melon is stuffed, pickled, or curried and served with meat or in soup.
- The fruit pairs well with other strong flavours, like garlic, Chinese black beans, chilli peppers, or coconut milk.
Ornamental use: NA
Bitter gourd lowers blood glucose levels.
Bitter gourd lowers dietary carbohydrate digestion.
Bitter gourd reduces the amount of glucose that is released into the blood by inhibiting the enzymes that break down disaccharides to two monosaccharides.
Bitter gourd plant insulin discovered and reverses insulin resistance.
Bitter gourd helps weight loss.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved