The leaves are evergreen, 2-4 cm long and 2-5 mm broad, green above, and white below, with dense short woolly hair. The plant flowers in spring and summer in temperate climates but the plants can be in constant bloom in warm climates.
|Common Name ||Rosmarinus officinalis (Botanical name)|
|Height ||3 to 4 feet (90 - 120cm).|
|Flower Colour ||purple or blue|
|Bloom Time ||summer|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and care
- After the plant flowers, remember to trim the plant
For fresh rosemary in the winter, grow the plant indoors in a pot
Be sure to put it in bright light and cool temperatures
Prune regularly so that the plant won't get lanky
Water the plants evenly throughout the growing season
Be sure to get cuttings or divide the plant for next season
- For a head start, plant the seeds or cuttings indoors 8 to 10 weeks before the last spring frost
Plant the seeds/cuttings in well-drained soil
- For best growth, the soil should be around 70ºF
|Sunlight ||Full Sun to Partial Shade |
|Watering ||Average water needs. Water on a regular schedule, but do not overwater. Allow soil to go dry between waterings, then soak thoroughly.|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||60° and 70°F.
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Prune the stems to use fresh. During the winter, bring a rosemary plant indoors. Harvest rosemary after new growth is generated, typically 6 weeks after|
Rosemary special feature
You can dry the leaves as well and store in an airtight container.
- Rosemary lends itself to decorative uses as well
- Use the trimmings to create a decorative wreath either alone or with other herbs
- Wreaths can be hung on the wall or used as table decorations and they make lovely gifts
- Unverified information Rosemary contains the antioxidants carnosic acid and rosmarinic acid, and other bioactive compounds including camphor, caffeic acid, ursolic acid, betulinic acid, rosmaridiphenol, and rosmanol
- Some of these may be useful in preventing or treating cancers, strokes, and Alzheimer s Disease
- Rosemary is a nice addition to tomato sauce, pizza, and pork, but because its flavor is strong, use a light hand
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do rosemary grow?
On average rosemary grows 3 to 4 feet (90 - 120cm).
What color are rosemary ?
A rosemary plant bears flowers of color purple or blue
How hard is rosemary to grow?
A rosemary is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a rosemary need?
A rosemary prefers Full Sun to Partial Shade
How much water does a rosemary need?
A rosemary prefers watering Average water needs. Water on a regular schedule, but do not overwater. Allow soil to go dry between waterings, then soak thoroughly.
What kind of soil does a rosemary need?
What temperature does a rosemary like?
How should I fertilize my rosemary ?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Monday, 02 March 2020
Friday, 14 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in