About Rama Tulsi
Sow seeds in early spring. Grows best in full sun in moderately rich and well-drained soil kept well watered. Space large-leafed cultivars (such as Thai Magic ) 1 1/2 apart and mulch to retain moisture.
Many Hindus have tulsi plants growing in front of or near their home, often in special pots or special small masonry structures. Traditionally, Tulsi is planted in the center of the central courtyard of Hindu houses. The plant is cultivated for religious and medicinal purposes, and for its essential oil. It is widely known across South Asia as a medicinal plant and a herbal tea, commonly used in Ayurveda.Tulsi has been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda for its diverse healing properties. It is mentioned in the Charaka Samhita, an ancient Ayurvedic text. Tulsi is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body, and helpful for adapting to stress.Marked by its strong aroma and astringent taste, it is regarded in Ayurveda as a kind of "elixir of life" and believed to promote longevity. It is an elixir for cough; the leaves when chewed after meals acts as a digestive, and when taken before and after cold water bath controls temperature in the stomach and prevents cold. If sprinkled over cooked food in stored water, tulsi leaves prevent bacterial growth.
|Common Name ||Ajaka, Albahaca Santa, Bai Gkaprow, Baranda, Basilic Indien, Basilic Sacré, Basilic Sacré Pourpre, Basilic Saint, Brinda, Green Holy Basil, Hot Basil, Indian Basil, Kala Tulsi, Kemangen, Krishna Tulasi, Tulsa, Manjari, Ocimum sanctum, Ocimum tenuiflorum, Parnasa, Patrapuspha, Red Holy Basil, Sacred Basil, Sacred Purple Basil, Shyama Tulsi, Sri Tulasi, Suvasa Tulasi and Tulsi Patra.|
|Height ||1.50 to 2.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Magenta|
|Bloom Time ||Throughout Year.Preferably early summer and late spring. |
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Basil is a tropical plant but it still dislikes direct sunlight
- So, do not keep your basil plant at a spot where the sun is beating down
- Indirect sunlight is best for basil plants
Every leaf has a growth bud, so removing old flower blossoms encourages the plant to make more flowers instead of using the energy to make seeds
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects
Rama Tulsi care
- plant care may require a bit of effort, but the results are well worth the work
- Not all plants are fragrant, but the most common and hardy do produce a sweet, carrying fragrance
- Common is a vine and has larger glossy green leaves than Royal
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Soil ||Well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||36-40 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Rama Tulsi special feature
As a seasoning herb in many vegetable and meat dishes, or as a key ingredient of pesto and other condiments.
Rama Tulsi uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Tulsi may cure fever, cold,cough and sore throat
Tulsi may beat stress
Tulsi may desolve kidney stone
Tulsi may protect the heart as it has medicinal properties
Tulsi may beat cancer
Tulsi may help in quitting smoking
Tulsi may beat stress
Tulsi may reduce blood sugar level
Tulsi may keep skin and hair healthy
- It is considered that consuming five leaves of tulsi on daily basis protects one from different types of diseases along with enhancement in memory power and intelligence
- Consuming tulsi leave`s juice with water on empty stomach in the morning increases memory power and glow along with an enhanced digestive power
- Tulsi tea is beneficial in several ways
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do rama tulsi grow?
On average rama tulsi grows 1.50 to 2.00 feet
What color are rama tulsi ?
A rama tulsi plant bears flowers of color Magenta
How hard is rama tulsi to grow?
A rama tulsi is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a rama tulsi need?
A rama tulsi prefers Full sun
How much water does a rama tulsi need?
A rama tulsi prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a rama tulsi need?
What temperature does a rama tulsi like?
How should I fertilize my rama tulsi ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Monday, 16 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Saturday, 22 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in