About Vitex Negundo
Vitex negundo, commonly known as the Chinese Chastetree, five-leaved chaste tree, or horseshoe vitex, is a large aromatic shrub with quadrangular, densely whitish, tomentose branchlets. This plant can grow up to 4-meter height. Plants bear a purple showy flower year round and the inflorescence is terminal and axillary.
Fruits are small black color berry. This plant has compound leaves which consist of five leaflets. Upper leaves surface is green and lower surface is the grey color. This plant is very drought tolerant in nature.
|Common Name ||Chaste tree, Nirgundi, Five-leaved chaste tree, or Horseshoe vitex |
|Height ||Up to 4 m|
|Flower Colour ||Purple|
|Bloom Time ||June to August|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry
You can prune the plant in the spring season to maintain the bushy
Vitex Negundo care
- This plant is propagated by the seeds
- Best suitable sowing time is monsoon season
- Grow well in full to partial sunlight
- You can plant into the pot or container using the potting mix as the soil, coco peat, and vermicompost
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Watering ||Moderately |
|Soil ||Well-drained sandy loam soil|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Vitex Negundo special feature
Vitex Negundo uses
- This plant is used for the ornamental purpose
- This plant can use to treat anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and analgesic and used for rheumatic conditions, bruises, injuries, sprains, sores, and skin infections
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do vitex negundo grow?
On average vitex negundo grows Up to 4 m
What color are vitex negundo?
A vitex negundo plant bears flowers of color Purple
How hard is vitex negundo to grow?
A vitex negundo is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a vitex negundo need?
A vitex negundo prefers Full sun
How much water does a vitex negundo need?
A vitex negundo prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a vitex negundo need?
Well-drained sandy loam soil
What temperature does a vitex negundo like?
How should I fertilize my vitex negundo?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Friday, 14 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in