|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Bitter gourd faizabadi
Bitter gourd plant is a fast growing creeper and is from the family of vines.
It is also known as the nutritious gourd and bitter melon.
Bitter gourd plants vary shape, size and colour.
Planting and care
Raised the beds of 120cm width (120 cm)
Seeds are sown at 2 x 1.5 m spacing.
Irrigation is done in the beds.
Seeds are soak in water over night before sowing for better germination.
Caring for Bitter gourd faizabadi
- Watering should b done when the soil feels dry.
- Once fully dried, the fruit will open and you can collect the white or brown colour seeds for further sowing.
Tender and young fruits are harvested.
Typical uses of Bitter gourd faizabadi
Special features: Bitter gourd is cultivated extensively throughout India.
- To prepare bitter melon, slice the fruit open and remove seeds and pith, do not peel.
- Beginners to bitter melon may parboil the fruit to lessen bitterness, although aficionados say this changes the texture too much.
- Typically bitter melon is stuffed, pickled, or curried and served with meat or in soup.
- The fruit pairs well with other strong flavours, like garlic, Chinese black beans, chilli peppers, or coconut milk.
Ornamental use: NA
Bitter gourd lowers blood glucose levels.
Bitter gourd lowers dietary carbohydrate digestion.
Bitter gourd reduces the amount of glucose that is released into the blood by inhibiting the enzymes that break down disaccharides to two monosaccharides.
Bitter gourd plant insulin discovered and reverses insulin resistance.
Bitter gourd helps weight loss.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments