(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Stevia Rebaudiana
Stevia is a tender perennial native to parts of Brazil and Paraguay that favors humid, wet environments, although the root does not tolerate standing water. Stevia is widely grown for its sweet leaves, which are the source of sweetener products known generically as stevia and sold under various trade names. Germination : 30%-40%
Planting and care
It would be difficult, at best, to start a stevia patch from scratch that is, by planting seeds. Stevia can be started from seed indoors in late winter. The stevia seeds need sunlight for the germination process. Germination is best at 70 to 75 degrees F.
Seedlings should emerge in 7 to 21 days. When seedlings are large enough to handle, you can transplant them into 3-inch diameter pots. Even if you could get them to germinate, results might well prove disappointing, since stevioside levels can vary greatly in plants grown from seed.
Caring for Stevia Rebaudiana
- Stevia plants do best in a rich, loamy soil â€” the same kind in which common garden-variety plants thrive. Since the feeder roots tend to be quite near the surface, it is a good idea to add compost for extra nutrients if the soil in your area is sandy.
- Avoid excess watering and cold.
- Frequent light watering is recommended during the summer months.
- Adding a layer of compost or your favorite mulch around each stevia plant will help keep the shallow feeder roots from drying out.
- Keep the soil evenly moist.
- If you find pests, spray with a mild insecticide.
Typical uses of Stevia Rebaudiana
Special features: Sweet leaves
Culinary use: Act as a sweetener
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: It is been used in many medicinal preparations.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good germination, no waste any seed.
Good seeds and quality packing