Description for Lettuce Biscia Salad Bowl
Lettuce greens are so easy to grow, so nutritious, and so delicious picked fresh from the garden, that everyone should grow them. Grow lettuce in the vegetable garden, tuck it into flowerbeds, or cultivate it in containers. With regular watering, shade from hot sun, and succession planting, you can enjoy home-grown lettuce almost year-round in much of the country.
From baby leaf lettuce to big, crisp heads, lettuce is easy to grow in spring and fall, when the soil is cool. Leaf color and texture vary with variety.
Planting and care
Best sowing season of lettuce plant in the spring season. Use the potting mix as the soil, vermicompost, and coco peat. After sowing watering should be done as sprinkler manner. After sowing watering should be done as sprinkler manner.
Caring for Lettuce Biscia Salad Bowl
- Fertilize 3 weeks after transplanting. Lettuce prefers soil that is high in humus, with plenty of compost and a steady supply of nitrogen to keep if growing fast. Use organic alfalfa meal or a slow-release fertilizer.
- Make sure soil remains moist but is well-drained.
- An organic mulch will help conserve moisture, suppress weeds, and keep soil temperatures cool throughout the warmer months.
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil feels dry to touch.
- Weed by hand if necessary, but be careful of plant roots: They are shallow.
Typical uses of Lettuce Biscia Salad Bowl
Special features: Leafy vegetable
Medicinal use: The minerals and vitamins found in lettuce include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sodium, zinc along with vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, folate, vitamin B-6, C, A, E, and vitamin K.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Came on time... and the plant seems to be growing really fast. Hope I get a vegetable soon.
I have sowed seeds and all of them grew.. Very Perfect can give more stars
Good seeds - derived good rate of germination - yet to grow to form heads
The seeds are genuine. Just planted and could see some germination after a week. Awaiting for its growth. Thank you
is it possible to grow these in delhi nowdays at home in pots?