Description for Lupin Pixie Dwarf Mix Colors
Quite dwarf with short flower spikes suited admirably for the smaller garden and comes in a range of pastel colours. As desirable as any Lupin could be.
Lupins are easy to grow, but care should be taken to avoid the disease, and be warned, slugs love them! Allowing Lupins to set seed will weaken the plant for successive years so cut down flowering stems once the blooms fade.
Planting and care
Caring for Lupin Pixie Dwarf Mix Colors
- Lupins are generally divided into tall types, which are typically sown in the summer and overwintered, and the shorter types, which can flower in the first year from an early sowing.
- Tree Lupins form a shrubby bush up to 1. 5 metres in height.
- Sow Lupin seeds in late winter or early Spring, or in Late summer to early Autumn.
- Germination normally takes 14 â€“ 21 days at 65-70F.
- Keep the germinating seedlings moist at all times.
- Prick out seedlings when two true leaves have developed and transplant into individual 3 inch pots.
- Grow on cooler, 15-18oC is ideal, and transplant into the garden when the pots are full of roots.
- Overwintered Lupins should be kept on the dry side, under protection, such as a well-ventilated polytunnel, greenhouse or cold-frame.
- Once planted out, Lupins prefer a sunny position.
Typical uses of Lupin Pixie Dwarf Mix Colors
Special features: The flowers of Pixie Delight Lupine will attract an array of beneficial insects to the garden including bumblebees, honeybees & butterflies as well.it has special fragrance.
Ornamental use: it is used for gardening.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Cannot place he order ?
I want this plant.
Can this be grown in terrace.
I want this plant.
cute flowers in this plant.