About Daffodil Twinkle
This fall planted perennial bulbs are scapose, having a single central leafless hollow flower stem. Several green or blue-green, narrow, strap-shaped leaves arise from the bulb. The plant stem usually bears a solitary flower, but occasionally a cluster of flowers (umbel).
Flowers may be double or triple, grow on a stem or with multiple flowers per stem, and height varies from 6 to 14 inches. This trumpet shape contains the stamens and is the most conspicuous feature of the flower. Spread may be up to 38 mm wide and flowers are slightly sweet scented.
|Common Name ||Daffodil Las Vegas, daffadowndilly, narcissus|
|Height ||Up to 14 inches|
|Flower Colour ||White-Yellow|
|Bloom Time ||Late winter or early spring|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Apply a low-nitrogen, high-potash fertilizer after flowering if bulbs are not performing
Water late-flowering daffodils in dry spring weather (flowers may abort in dry conditions)
Keep plantings well watered if precipitation fails; continue until the foliage begins to yellow
Deadhead plants as flowers fade (for neater garden appearance) and allow leaves to remain for at least 6 weeks
Lift and divide the clumps when flowering becomes sparse or the clumps congested
- To remove the dead plants, either snip them off at the base or twist the leaves while pulling lightly
Once daffodils and tulips have gone by, add bonemeal to the soil for next year s blooms
Daffodil Twinkle care
- The general rule for planting is to cover the bulb with soil to 3 times its vertical diameter
- Keep planting depth at 6 to 8 inches and planting spacing should be 4 to 6 inches
- Set them upright at the bottom of the hole, tops up (pointed side up), and space properly
- After planting water thoroughly to settle the soil and to encourage the start of root growth
- After they bloom in the spring, allow the plants to grow until they die off
- They need time after blooming to store energy in the bulbs for next year
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade|
|Watering ||Water newly planted bulbs thoroughly. In many regions, fall and winter are wet or snowy enough to provide moisture. Plants do not need summer moisture.
|Soil ||They are not fussy about soil as long as it is loose and well drained. To improve drainage in heavy soils, deeply dig in plenty of organic matter prior to planting.|
|Temperature ||Daffodil flowers grow best in 50 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
|Fertilizer ||Daffodils do not require heavy fertilization. When preparing the beds, use 2 to 3 pounds of a complete garden fertilizer such as a 6-24-24 or other fertilizer with a 1:4:4 or 1:3:3 N-P-K ratio.
Daffodil Twinkle special feature
Daffodil Twinkle uses
- Daffodils bring cheer to the spring garden with abundant flowers in hues of yellow, white, pink, and salmon
- Varieties are available in a range of sizes and forms
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do daffodil twinkle grow?
On average daffodil twinkle grows Up to 14 inches
What color are daffodil twinkle ?
A daffodil twinkle plant bears flowers of color White-Yellow
How hard is daffodil twinkle to grow?
A daffodil twinkle is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a daffodil twinkle need?
A daffodil twinkle prefers Full sun to partial shade
How much water does a daffodil twinkle need?
A daffodil twinkle prefers watering Water newly planted bulbs thoroughly. In many regions, fall and winter are wet or snowy enough to provide moisture. Plants do not need summer moisture.
What kind of soil does a daffodil twinkle need?
They are not fussy about soil as long as it is loose and well drained. To improve drainage in heavy soils, deeply dig in plenty of organic matter prior to planting.
What temperature does a daffodil twinkle like?
Daffodil flowers grow best in 50 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
How should I fertilize my daffodil twinkle ?
Daffodils do not require heavy fertilization. When preparing the beds, use 2 to 3 pounds of a complete garden fertilizer such as a 6-24-24 or other fertilizer with a 1:4:4 or 1:3:3 N-P-K ratio.
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
Tuesday, 20 June 2017
Will you delier this to Delhi.
Thursday, 27 April 2017
Up to what height this plants grows.
Please log in to write a review. Log in