Sterculia Foetida, Jungli Badam - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Sterculia foetida is a soft wooded tree that can grow up to 115 feet tall. It was described in 1753 by Carolus Linnaeus. Common names for the plant are the bastard poon tree, java olive tree, hazel sterculia, and wild almond tree.
Common name: bastard poon tree, java olive tree, hazel sterculia, and wild almond tree.
Bloom time: April to May
Height: 50.00 to 80.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
The vining varieties require a support structure as some can get 15 feet tall. All plants prefer sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil. Install the plant in the ground at the same level it was growing in the nursery pot. Most plants are grafted onto the common rootstock because of its superior hardiness.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 18 - 32°c
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period.
- Select a site with soil that drains well.
- How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out.
- Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential.
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects.
- Late in the season, stop deadheading rugosas so that hips will form on the plants; these can be harvested and dried on screens, away from sunlight, then stored in an airtight container.
Medium to large flowering shade tree.
- Bark and leaves are aperient, diaphoretic and diuretic.
- Decoction of the capsules is mucilaginous and astringent; used internally in itch and skin diseases, and its paste is applied externally.
- The seed oil is mild laxative and carminative.
- The seeds when swallowed bring on nausea and vertigo.
for medicinal use
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
There are yet no reviews for this product.